Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Football Lapbook

DS#2 chose Football for our course of study earlier this year. We had a great time and I learned a lot about football along the way... We started off making a KWL chart about football. It was no surprise that DS#2 knew more than I did, LOL!! Then we used the football portion of The History of Sports Project Pack by Hands of a Child.

ABC Teach had some great stuff, too! I found the story prompt and the rebus story here.
I found the Football Board Game to put on the back panel of our lapbook- it was great for reviewing math flash cards, but you could use it for any type of review you need!

Here is a list of the books we read:

Catch that Pass by Matt Christopher
The Greatest Game Ever Played by Phil Bildner & Zachary Pullen
Eyewitness Football by James Buckley Jr.
My Football Book by Gail Gibbons


Amy said...

Thank you, thank you Dawn! We are just finishing up our first lapbook and had soooo much fun. My oldest wants to do one on football and I am so grateful for you and sharing all your leg work.

Blessings to you,
Amy (Mommy of 4 boys!)

Dawn said...

Thanks, Amy! Isn't homeschooling great? Where else could boys do a whole unit on FOOTBALL and call it school, LOL!! Have fun!!!